- 2 cups rolled oats (oats contain lots of fiber which reduces cholesterol in your blood)
- 1 cup plain or vanilla kefir
- 2 organic, pastured eggs (healthy chicken = healthy you)
- 1/3 cup organic butter, softened
- 3/4 cup almond butter (like peanut butter, but ground almonds instead!)
- 1 t cinnamon (cinnamon helps balance blood sugar)
- 1 t sea salt (still holds the minerals that refined table salt no longer contains)
- 5 packets stevia powder (I like Sweet Leaf Stevia Powder.)
- 1 ½ cups diced green apple (Approx 1 large apple)
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, chopped (walnuts are brain food – they even look like brains)
- 1/2 cup carob chips (optional)
The Night Before: This is a little strange, but you are going to ferment your oats over night to make them extremely digestable. Put your two cups oats in a clean, glass bowl. Add your cup of kefir and stir until combined. Cover with a clean dishcloth and set aside until morning. Set out a stick of butter, and go to bed! In the Morning: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Add eggs, 1/3 cup of the softened butter, almond butter, cinnamon, sea salt & stevia packets to your oat/kefir mixture.
Beat with a hand mixer until combined. Add remaining ingredients, stir by hand until thoroughly combined. Using a small ice cream scoop or large spoon, drop round cookies onto non-stick cookie sheet leaving an inch or two in between each drop.
Bake for 12 minutes or until the bottoms are beautifully brown. These are better second day.
A classic Jamie Oliver – making a tasty dish super healthy. Use little bird kefir to make 4 dozen of these delicious treats. Follow Jamie oliver on instagram (jamieoliver) and twitter (@jamieoliver). http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/member-recipes/recipe-detail/916/